Pages

Monday 22 April 2013

Make up history tag!

Hey everyone, I have another tag for you all today! I tag anyone who reads this to do it, then leave your links down in the comments and I'll read them all! :)
Picture found on weheartit.com and edited on  PicMonkey
1. How long have you been wearing makeup?
I started to wear it properly when I was probably around 16, not long before I left school, but even then it was just foundation and a little bit of mascara! (When I could be bothered to wake up earlier for school to apply it!)

2. What was your favourite makeup product in the beginning?
I was fascinated by all sorts of makeup in my early teens, and literally used to collect it but never ever wear it, but the only product I did wear was lipbalms, I used to, and still love them! I think the obsession started off with the Body Shop lipbalms!

3. What is your favourite makeup product now?
I think it still is lip products, but not only lipbalms, I'm more of a lipstick kinda girl now too which I never imagined!

4. What were some of your favourite brands in the beginning?
I honestly don't think I had a favourite brand, I just went for what I liked and what was a good price. I think I brought a lot of Rimmel products when I was younger though, especially those metallic single eyeshadows they used to do, my friend and I used to love them but never ever wore them, and I'm so glad we didn't as thinking back to it, I'm sure we had a variety of bright blue metallic eyeshadows....not a good look!

5. What are some of your favourite brands now?
To be fair, I still stick to some stuff that's a good price and I'd rather pick out something cheap that works really well  rather than something expensive which does virtually the same thing. Although I do love Revlon. Revlon is definitely my favourite high street brand, alongside Rimmel. MUA is absolutely fantastic too, seriously could not rave about their products enough- especially their eyeshadows. Non high street wise- I do love MAC and Nars for when I'm feeling to splurge out on things.

6. How would you describe your makeup style?
I think it's pretty simple. I go for the more natural colours for the eye and if I'm feeling a bright or dark lip, I'll go for that too.

7. What is your everyday makeup like?
I usually wear foundation, blusher, maybe contour, eyeshadow if I'm feeling it, fill in my eyebrows, mascara and a highlighter again if i'm feeling up to it.

8. What is your going out makeup like?
I usually wear foundation, blusher, contour, either winged liner or eye shadow, highlighter and a bright lipstick, and mascara or fake eyelashes.

9. What makeup look are you known for?
I don't think I'm known for any but the only thing I can think of is my eyebrows?! I'm the only one out of my group of friends who likes to fill in their eyebrows.

10. What's the worst beauty crime you have committed?
The only thing I can think of is sleeping in my makeup. I make sure I always take it off now, although saying that I did go on a night out the other night and woke up the next morning realising I'd slept in it which felt awful but I ensure I take it off every other time!

11. What is the worst beauty crime you are proud to have not committed?
Not sure it's a beauty crime as such but I've never ever worn thick black eyeliner on my waterline. I just really dislike it and I remember so many people at school wearing it I'm glad I didn't. It's just not for me.

12. What is a trend you were part of but now aren't a fan of? 
Hmm, not sure if it's a trend but the only thing I can think of is the Maybelline matte mousse foundation. I'm sure it was one of my first foundations which I properly started to wear in year 11 and I'm sure every other girl had it too. I truly dislike it now. 

13. What is one trend you are proud to say you were never part of?
Aside from the whole eyeliner thing, I think the orange face and white neck thing that suddenly started to happen....the real OTT look.

14. What is one look you will never ever go for?
I think the real OTT look...like the jersey shore look?!You know?

15. If you were brave enough to go for any look, what would you go for?
Errrrm, aside from makeup related, I think colourful hair...I really want pastel coloured hair!!

16. What is an old Holy Grail product of yours?
I genuinely think it was the Maybelline Matte Mousse haha. I'm not sure whether I actually believed it was good or if it was because everyone had it, but I remember I kept buying it and wouldn't try any foundations until after I left school.

17. What is a current Holy Grail product of yours?
I'm still yet to find a holy grail foundation but I do love the no.7 matte foundation. My definitely holy grail mascara has to be the Rimmel Glam Eyes day 2 night, I love it! Another holy grail item non makeup related has to be the La Roche Posay Effeclar Duo. It's done wonders for my skin and I honestly couldn't see myself without it!!        

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant post, this is one of the few tags I haven't seen before. I'll definitely do a post on it sometime. Just found your blog...I'm your newest follower! :') x Olwyn

    http://olwynsworld.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete