Pages

Monday 25 June 2012

Products I regret buying #1

l-r: maybelline coloursensational popstick in citris slice, NYC showtime black mascara, MUA eyebrow pencil in Blonde, soap and glory eyebrow pencil, Rimmel London scandaleyes mascara.

This month in particular I've been trying so hard to use all of my products up before using the newer ones I have purchased or just buying more. I'm normally one who either just forgets about the products I wasn't so keen on but still keep them at the bottom of my make-up pile, or just throws them away straight away, so this whole 'one in one out' policy really reminded me of the products I'm not so keen on, but will carry on using them nonetheless purely because I know I'll be using my nicer products after haha.

Maybelline Coloursensational popstick in Citris Slice: You may have seen this product feature in one of my hauls a while back, and I won't lie, I haven't used it since. It was just an impulse buy, I saw it was orange and then the 3 for 2 Superdrug deal got the better of me so of course I had to buy it..but I do wish I didn't. In the shop I did swatch it however I just put the lack of pigmentation due to the fact I'd swatch it on my hands and just presumed it would look different on the lips. Boy was I wrong. There's no colour at all, it just gives a glossy effect, which of course some may like but when I paid just over £8 for it I realise I could have got a nicer, cheaper lipgloss which would do the same thing. I know some people say that the only thing they like about this is the smell, but even that doesn't win me over I'm afraid. 

NYC Showtime mascara: In all honesty, I'd forgotten all about this...and what's worse is I have two of them (again, the whole 3 for 2 deal got the better of me) There's nothing really to say about this apart from the fact I do not like it and it doesn't do what I expected it to do. I suppose the 'showtime lash' in the name made me think it would give me 'showtime' lashes. But I can't moan too much I suppose, it isn't too expensive so I haven't lost out on too much!

MUA eyebrow pencil in Blonde: Ok, so this is a bit of a controversial post because I think I do secretly like this product however there's just two things I wish I could change to make it the most perfect eyebrow pencil. 1) it wears down SO quickly. honestly, I'm using this and realising I'm having to sharpen it either halfway through using it or just before I use it. 2) I don't know, this is a confusing one so I'm hoping you can catch my drift. But when I use it, ok it's not super pigmented however it does the job BUT my eyebrows then resemble something out of Grease and they just look like they've been coated in gel and then just stuck to my forehead which just makes them look somewhat fake. (ok i've just read that through and I know it doesn't make sense but someone at least say they know what I mean?!) I don't know, I do like this, and for £1 I suppose I'm just being picky.....I probably will buy this again though haha.

Soap and Glory Eyebrow Pencil: Again, this eyebrow pencil makes me look as though I've stuck my eyebrows on which I don't like. (Thinking about it, it could just be my eyebrows/face) It's not very pigmented and looks more grey than brown which isn't too nice. But I do LOVE the highligter that comes with it!! Soap and Glory need to sell this seperately!

Rimmer Scandaleyes mascara: Ok, so maybe I shouldn't listen to adverts too much because as soon as I saw the advert for this I had to get it because the lashes on the model looked so volumised and beautiful, and of course, it doesn't do that to me. Maybe I have a faulty one (?) But even the brush and the formula is awful. The brush picks up way too much and the formula is just gloopy and think and then clumps all your eyelashes together which isn't nice at all. I don't like this at all but I am intrigued to try the new one thats recently come out, can't remember the name but it's one with the ball on the brush, you know?

What products do YOU regret buying?! xo

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I totally agree with the MUA eyebrow pencill runs out SO fast!:Lxxxx

    ReplyDelete