Pages

Monday 11 June 2012

Essie polish

Since joining the wonderful world of blogging, I've had the chance to try, and fall in love with several beauty related products. Essie polish being one of these.
It was only the other day, I was at my dads and went into his local Boots, and to my surprise I was greeted by a bright stand FULL of Essie polish...which was my first encounter with this polish. I must have looked like a bit of a weirdo, standing in front of the stand, smiling to myself....but who cares! Unfortunately though, I had zero money on me and was later coming back home to Hertfordshire so that was dissapointing!
 Since coming home back to Hertfordshire, it has been my mission to find one of these stands and give my mum the whole puppy-dog-eyed-look in hope she'd agree to buy me one, or buy herself one and just let me try it haha! But nope, nothing.
That was, until Saturday 9th June. My brother and I went into our local town, and after hearing that you can get Nails Inc polishes, a set of four for £14.99, in TK Maxx, I had to go have a look for myself. Of course, there were loads of Nails Inc polishes which made me extremely happy because it is such a good deal. However, whilst rummaging through random boxes of polishes I came across a set of three, in plain packaging and the well known white lid with the 'e' on it. Of course, I knew what make that was.....it was Essie! It was the only one left and I knew I had to get it, for £9.99 for three you could hardly go wrong, especially as in Boots they're retailed at £7.99 for one!
Although they wouldn't actually be the colours I would choose if I was buying polish, I still love them.
Although I believe there has been some mix up of the names of two of the polishes because Capri (far left) and Tangerine (middle) don't match up to the swatches online. However, I believe the real names for all three of these polishes are, left to right: Kisses & Bises, either Little Brown Dress or Lady Godiva (it's a chocolatey brown colour if anyones able to help?!) and the Antique Rose.

So far I've tried the brown coloured one and then i put the pearly whit on top of it, which i love. Everything I've heard about these polishes is so true, the formulation, the pigmentation, everything. I'll definitely be buying more of these polishes!!
Keep an eye out in your local TK Maxx too!

No comments:

Post a Comment