Pages

Monday 2 February 2015

30 beauty questions tag

I'm 1. Do you remember your first makeup item?
Let's face it, it probably was one of those fake makeup sets I got as a child, groovy chick or something! But my first "proper" make up item was probably a Rimmel  eyeshadow me and my friend were obsessed with at the age of about 11 or 12. Every time our parents went to asda we would ask one another to come purely so we could pick a new one up or see if there was a new shade added to the collection. Oh to be young again where it was acceptable to wear a blue eyeshadow! 


2. Describe your perfect mascara. Have you found one that fits your specifications
I have naturally long eyelashes so I tend to look for a mascara that claims to add volume. Mascar has always been the one makeup item I've been obsessed with probably ever since I started wearing make up, so I have tried my fair share. A few of my favourites are the L'oreal million lashes, L'oreal miss manga and the soap and glory thick and fast. If any of you have any recommendations please let me know, I'm always up for trying more! 

3. What kind of coverage do you prefer from foundation
I'm cursed with oily and naturally red skin, so I do tend to go for a more medium coverage foundation. I have a fair few freckles too and I like them to show through my foundation which is why I tend to go for a medium coverage rather than full. 

4. Favorite high end brand?
I don't have a huge high end collection and I have only real tried MAC for their lipsticks, Urban decay for their naked palettes and Estée Lauder and benefit for their foundations.

5. What cosmetic brands have you always wanted to try but still haven't? 
There's so many. Bobbi Brown, Nars, Illamasqua and Make Up Forever to name a few. 

6. Favorite drugstore brand?
Oh gosh I have so many. Rimmel and Revlon have never let me down. I'm also really loving Makeup Revolution at the moment too. 

7. Do you wear fake eyelashes? 
I have done, but I don't really now to be honest.

8. Is there any kind of makeup you can't leave the house without?
I'm aware I look hideous but I am OK with leaving the house without makeup if I'm going out quickly with my mum, I could never go to uni etc without makeup though. I used to go to work wearing the bare minimum and just wear foundation, eyebrows filled in and contour. 

9. What is your most cherised beauty product?
Probably my MAC dark side lipstick and my naked palette/Stila in the light palette.

10. How often do you shop for makeup? Do you like to pick up an item here and there or get lots of goodies at once?
A bit of both really. Sometimes I can go a while without buying anything and then buy a fair bit all in one go. 

11. Do you have a "beauty budget" or you spend freely? 
I definitely have a budget, sometimes I can't justify spending £15 on a lipstick or £38 on an eyeshadow palette buts it's nice to indulge once in a while! I think there's a lot of high street brands that are amazing for their price, makeup revolution being one so I like to buy a fair bit of night street knowing I'm getting a lot more for my money than if I were to buy a lipstick from MAC.

12. Do you utilize coupons, rewards cards and sales when you shop for cosmetics?
Yes! I'm always getting boots advantage card rewards which is dangerous. 

13. What type of product do you buy the most of?
Lipstick without a doubt. I just love it and for someone who's incredibly self conscious about my mouth area, I find it bizarre. 

14. Is there a makeup brand that you just can't stand?
I don’t think there is a brand I have tried that I disliked so much to the point that I couldn't stand it. 

15. Do you avoid certain ingredients in cosmetics like parabens or sulfates?
It’s a plus, but no I can't say I do.

16. Do you have a favorite place to shop for makeup?
Boots and Superdrug without a doubt. 

17. Do you like trying new skincare products or do you keep a certain routine?
I enjoy trying new products but always tend to stick to the same routine. 

18. Favorite bath and body brand?
Soap & Glory and Lush I'd say. 

19. If you could only buy from one brand, which brand would you choose?
 This is hard but I'd probably say Revlon? Maybe! I seem to have tried virtually every aspect of their range and I enjoy different elements so that'd probably be a safe bet although that'd be so hard to do. 

20. What brand do you think has the best packaging?
YSL lipsticks for sure. So beautiful!

21. Which celebrity always has great makeup?
At the Moment I have to say kylie Jenner.

22Do you belong to any online makeup communities?
No.

23. 5 Favorite Beauty Gurus
Shaaanxo, Lauren Curtis, Pixiwoo, Kandee Johnson, Tanya Burr. 

24. Do you like multifunctional products like lip and cheek stains?
Not really.

25. Are you clumsy in putting makeup?
I can be yeah, especially if I'm in a rush or if I have to get up early for uni. 

26. Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes?
Yes, I have to!

27. How many hair products do you use on a typical day?
When I wash my hair I obviously use shampoo and conditioner and then a deep conditioning treatment once a week. I rarely use any other products though I literally do nothing with my hair apart from brush it.

28. What do you apply first, concealer or foundation?
I hardly ever wear concealer to be honest but when I do, I apply foundation first then concealer. 

29. Do you ever consider taking makeup classes?
Yes, I'd love to! 

30. What do you love about makeup?
I love the confidence it can give me and the different looks I can create. I love experimenting with new products and genuinely having something that interests me. I also love sharing tips or products with others who also share the same interest.














No comments:

Post a Comment